Monday 28 April 2014

Chilli beef noodles

Am I the only one that gets excited about what I am about to eat when I are preparing it? I would rather take lunch to work any day rather than picking something out of a supermarket cabinet when I'm feeling like a zombie who is clearly not in the right state of mind to be making food-choice decisions. Just knowing I've got a kick-ass lunch waiting for me gets me excited (do I lead a sad life? Ha ha).



My husband and I love this dish. It has an Eastern influence, similar to meals found in Thailand or other parts of Asia.
It tastes amazing. 


Egg noodles.
2 Cloves of garlic.
2 chillies.
3 stalks of spring onions.
2 teaspoons of finely diced ginger.
A handfull of beef strips or sliced topside steak.
2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
4 large mushrooms (any variety)

Boil the noodles and while they are boiling, in another pan stir beef, ginger, chilli and mushrooms for a couple of minutes. When the mushrooms start to reduce in size, add garlic, soy sauce and spring onions. Cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain noodles, add to frying pan and quickly stir together, remove from heat immediately (so noodles don't stick to bottom of the pan).



No comments:

Post a Comment